What’s inside an UGV?
Well it depends about our necessities, and possibilities.
Lets begin about what my UGV doesn’t need.
The UGV will move inside a small area like a field, or building, and should to avoid the obstacles, this is the first idea, quite simple (walk before run).
So my UGV will need.
- Cubieboard as brain
- Arduino UNO as senses
- 6 Analog I/0, but 2 will be used for I2C, so 4 Analog I/O free
- 14 Digital I/0, but 2 will be used for Serial communication
- Time: Integrated circuit DS1337, use I2C
- Temperature : Integrated circuit DS1621, use I2C
- Compass: Integrated circuit HMC6352 , use I2c https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7915
- Distance : Will use an Infrared sensor , using the last 4 analog I/O
- Short range : (3 cm to 30cm) One https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8959 (back the UGV)
- Normal : (10 cm to 80 cm) three https://www.sparkfun.com/products/242 (Front, left, right )
This is the circuit, with the time, temperature and compass, all using I2C, the distance sensors doesn’t arrive yet.